Egg mistaken???HELP!!!URGENT!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Brandon97, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Brandon97

Brandon97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Newport, Wales, UK.
    Hey its brandon
    today about 5pm i went out and collected the eggs. At 9pm I went out and candled the hatching eggs. And one was clear, which had a fully formed chick the day before. It looked exactly like he hacthing egg. So i ran in the house and candled todays collection! One had the chick! the cross had faded to a faint mark, AND I MISTOOK IT! I QUICKLY PUT IT UNDER THE BROODY, THERE WAS STILL MOVEMENT, well i can feel it! will it be ok? im really panicking. I feel soooooo guilty! please help! is there anything i can do?
    Thanks in advance!
    PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!!!IT WAS 3-4 HOURS!!!!IT WAS MY BABY SILKIE X LIGHT SUSSEX CROSS AUSTRALORP!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    breath brandon Breath! you and the egg should be ok:) Ive had broodies stay off nests for hours on end even a day or two and still managed to hatch the eggs. just be patient and remark those eggs! LOL what day are the eggs on?
    good luck

3. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Ok, chill. Nothing you can do but wait. Go buy some ice cream or something and watch TV for a while.

4. Brandon97

Brandon97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Newport, Wales, UK.
    Hatching friday [​IMG] thanks not panicky now [​IMG]

5. horsefreak

horsefreak Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2011
    Hi Brandon,
    U should be ok. I once found duck eggs that had been out of a nest for a day or 2 and put them under a broody hen and they hached! Dont sweat it Dude!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by