Egg no longer rocking- day 22

Mollyy

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 29, 2009
I was soooo excited yesterday(day 21) when I noticed one of my eggs rocking and bouncing around. I barely slept!! However, today there doesn't appear to be any movement! I am scared out of my mind! Is this normal? Please help!!

It could be that it was just resting at the time you were looking at it, or it could be a bad sign. It's tough to tell this early on. Soemtimes they take a couple days beyond their "due date" to complete hatching. I have heard even 3-4 days, though I've never had that experience with any of mine going quite that long. Had it pipped the shell yet where you could tell the baby was trying to come out?
Good luck!

how many eggs you hatching? did any hatch yet? it is awful the last day or two when we have to wait isn't it? wondering if our efforts are going to pay off?

I am 9 hours into day 21, last night I had several dreams about my eggs hatching, in the dream 4 chicks hatched out of 1 egg and another 8 or so hatched from one other egg.....imagine!

I can't tell, there is a little V closer to the center of the egg...My 2 and 4 year old kids were soo excited too! My heart is just breaking! Is there something I should do to intervene?

We only had 3 eggs. 1 of which I threw out today. It looks like it quit around day 9-10. My Mom owns a ranch and we have tried one other time and got 1 baby. I have been staring at the incubator for so long that my head is starting to ache! Never thought I would feel the way I do about a chicken! LOL!

Some will say, "yes", some will say emphatically, "no". The bottom line is that only you can truly make that decision. There are some videos on YouTube that show other people doing this if you are a "picture is worth a thousand words" person like I am.
I didn't help a chick just last night as I got busy and then tired and went on to bed. It is dead in shell today. I always like to think I have at least tried. Just my opinion...
Good luck and I hope for the children's sake they get at least some darling chicks to cuddle.

Back
Top Bottom