egg nog

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by mgibbzzz, Dec 11, 2008.

1. mgibbzzz

mgibbzzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Somerset, OH
    Tis the season! I love egg nog and am looking for a good recipe. I would rather have one that is cooked.
    Thanks, in advance.

2. PaintedMeadows

PaintedMeadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    St. Isidore
    Oh yum!! Me too!!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i had a 'taste' for it too, until i saw on t.v. that it has 400 calories a serving. i just about fell over. [​IMG]

whatev! i'm having some anyway! [​IMG]

5. tinychicken

tinychicken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2007
    Tiny's Nog

4 eggs
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 quart half and half

Beat eggs. Add sugar and half and half. Cook over low to medium heat until mixture coats a metal spoon.

Add your favorite antifreeze and sprinkle with nutmeg.

(We usually add any alcohol to our glasses so we don't have to worry about the kids).

6. mgibbzzz

mgibbzzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Somerset, OH
    antifreeze [​IMG] lol! Thanks for the recipe.

7. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I like the anti freeze comment too! I just found this recipe and I plan on trying it out today or tommorrow. Thanks for sharing it !

8. bluie

bluie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Quote:this sounds really good. Have you ever tried Land o Lakes fat free half and half? I use it all the time and it tastes good to me. Using fat free instead of regular would knock the calorie content way down. Then you could drink more!

9. tinychicken

tinychicken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2007
    I have never tried fat free half and half, but it would be interesting to see how that works. Wonder if that can be cooked like regular half and half?

To me, there are some special recipes that I like to splurge on, and this would be one of them. Eggnog gets made once a year (maybe) so I like to go all out. Now if you drink this every week......

10. bluie

bluie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Quote:[​IMG] Guilty as charged. As soon as they stock it in the supermarket, I am right there. I sometimes think I am addicted to the stuff. Thank God they don't sell it year round.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by