1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Egg Noodles

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by bigredfeather, Dec 12, 2008.

1. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    Does anyone out there know what the maximum time you should let egg noodles dry? Can they go bad if you let them sit out too long?

2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I usually dry mine for about 5 to 8 hours. If I don't use them I put them in the freezer. I don't know if they can go longer or not though. I'm making a batch today too!

3. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    I like your signature. That's very clever. Do you think they could go bad if the sat for two days. They are made with raw eggs. I think we may have screwed up by leting them set too long. Some of them are discolored. We're going to cool some this weekend to see if they taste okay.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I let mine dry for a few hours...not really sure how long since I've never timed it.....then I stick them in the freezer. I honestly don't know if they can go bad or not, but if yours are discolored I'd be leery of using them.

5. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Quote:lol yeah I noticed your signature too. [​IMG] we have good taste.

Personally I doubt I would use them if they have sat out that long and are discolored...but you might be able to look it up online and see what the experts think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by