Egg not hatched

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Country Girl 2011, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Country Girl 2011

Country Girl 2011 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2011
    I incubated 6 eggs due to hatch yesterday the 26th of june one was not fertile so it was removed day 13 4 hatched perfectly and are now in the brooder and we have one egg left not hatched nor and sign of hatching, how long do i leave it and should i candle it tonight and see of there is anything or just wait a couple of more days and hope it hatches [​IMG]

2. florasbell

florasbell Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    germany
    you can candle if you like but id wait a couple more days

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I would candle it and wait a couple of days. Mine were all due to hatch on Friday and Saturday. I have some that have not hatched but the incubator goes off today. I set the eggs on Wednesday morning for hatching and my first chick hatched on Wednesday evening with the others hatching Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I did put one dozen in the incubator one day and another dozen on the next day when I first put the eggs into the incubator, so I expected the hatch to be a little longer.

4. Country Girl 2011

Country Girl 2011 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2011
    i candled the egg again to find it had stopped developing awhile back, when i disposed of it there was alot of yolk left and only a small black area [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by