Egg or Chick

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Tikkajazz94, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a two choices with the type of quail I want. Both are brown.

So I can get eggs for $6 a dozen (Hatching rate unknown) or eggs for $15 For 2 dozen (Excellent hatch rate).

Or

I can get Chicks for $10 (I think each) from a breeder.

The breeder (Chicks) is in BC, The $15 eggs is in BC and The $6 is Ontario. No shipping added (yet). But If I do get Chicks, I need to know the best way to ship them Canada post (Our postal office, sort of a Bad rep right now) or Greyhound (Bus)? or is there Canadian options I'm not looking at?

I Hope you can help me out
    Thanks,
    TJ

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:I personally would go with the eggs with the excellent hatch rate. Because chicks can die in transit. Plus watching them hatch is so much fun!

3. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I personally would go with the eggs with the excellent hatch rate. Because chicks can die in transit. Plus watching them hatch is so much fun!

Ah Okay. [​IMG]

So... I need to test my Incubator. I have two Bases for my Bator. One is broke and the other isn't. So Im going to See which one works. I Emailed the Lady who has the $15 Excellent hatch, To see if she will have some for around my next paycheck. Now I get to Choose: white, tux or Brown..... I think brown since they are easy to sex...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  4. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712

Ah Okay. [​IMG]

So... I need to test my Incubator. I have two Bases for my Bator. One is broke and the other isn't. So Im going to See which one works. I Emailed the Lady who has the $15 Excellent hatch, To see if she will have some for around my next paycheck. Now I get to Choose: white, tux or Brown..... I think brown since they are easy to sex...

I love tuxedo's personally, and the little harder sexing isn't THAT bad.. Of course I started with 4 adult tuxedo's.. And had quail lady to help me sex them.. Of course some of them crowed.. That helped too. But I am not biased I have jumbo browns in my bator, as well as an assortment of colors.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by