Egg Peeler

Discussion in 'Quail' started by winer39426, Feb 20, 2014.

1. winer39426

winer39426 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2014
    I'm trying to find an easier way to peel my quail eggs. I've used the vinegar method. This definitely helps, but I'm looking for something more efficient. I'm peeling around 100 at a time by hand and it takes forever. Any suggestions?

2. flg8r

flg8r Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2013
    Get an 8 year old who loves doing it, that's my method. Seriously though, I find if I pinch the air bubble end hard and pull from there, the shell comes off easily, usually in one strip. Also make sure they're really cold, its helps.

1 person likes this.
  3. winer39426

winer39426 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2014
    Good advice. You soak them in vinegar and then chill them?

4. layinfram

layinfram Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2013
    texas
    haha guess I need to borrow my neices and nephews.

5. Bparrott85

Bparrott85 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2012
    when you boil them make sure and stir them continuously for the first 10 min. then cut the heat off and let them set for 5 min more. stirring them stops the yoke from settling to one side then take them out of the hot water straight into ice water and set till they cool. then they peel easily. i do 2-3 hundred at a time for pickling. tried vinagar but this is a lot easier

6. sammit

sammit Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    older eggs work a lot better for peeling. fresh ones just stick and crack and split due to there not being much air inside the shell. but i crack it all over and then grab the fat end and pinch the air bubble there. almost comes off in one piece.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by