Egg picture

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by his4ever, Aug 31, 2011.

1. his4ever

his4ever Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2011
    I think when I open this one tomorrow, it's going to be a double yolk. This is the largest egg my BR has ever laid since she started laying about two weeks ago. I have her egg from yesterday as comparison. She also took longer to lay this one this morning.

[​IMG]

2. vclark321

vclark321 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Bonney Lake
    Holy cow! She did a great job! What an awesome egg! I hope mine start laying soon! [​IMG]

3. his4ever

Jun 25, 2011
    Thanks! I'm not sure how old yours is, but I understand the wait! They should start laying soon [​IMG]. It's so magical when they do. Now if only my Brown Leghorn would get consistent!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  4. brghtii

brghtii Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2011
    I love the dark color of the barred rock eggs. I had one like that last week and it was astounding!!! Love the surprises like that.

5. his4ever

Jun 25, 2011
    I know! The color of their eggs is beautiful! I have always wanted a chicken that laid brown eggs. This is such fun! [​IMG]

6. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Whimper whimper.... STOP IT YOU'RE TORTURING ME! I have to wait until Jan. 1st till mine lay... I don't think I can LIVE!! Waaaaaa... (sorry I can be a bit of a cry baby at times...) Waaaa

p.s. AWESOME EGG!

7. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

I always wince whenever I find those humongous eggs!!! Ouch. Frankly, I don't care to see them.

8. Erin K

Erin K Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Scooter&Suzie :

Whimper whimper.... STOP IT YOU'RE TORTURING ME! I have to wait until Jan. 1st till mine lay... I don't think I can LIVE!! Waaaaaa... (sorry I can be a bit of a cry baby at times...) Waaaa

p.s. AWESOME EGG!

do you have that penciled in? That they lay on the 1st? No dec 31st or Jan 2nd for you? lol

[​IMG] That is a while to wait. I hope it goes super quick, maybe they will surprise you with a Christmas gift? [​IMG]

9. his4ever

Jun 25, 2011
    Fred's Hens :

I always wince whenever I find those humongous eggs!!! Ouch. Frankly, I don't care to see them.

It made me wonder if that was why I did not see both eggs in the box this morning. I think I would hold it in as long as I could if I had to push out something that big... both my BR's usually have their eggs in the box before I come out to give them breakfast.

On another note: I still have two more chickens that have another month or two before they start to lay... and let me tell you, I am anxiously waiting for them! Two eggs a day is most certainly not enough. And some of the research I have been doing seems to point that my brown leghorn may only produce every three days? It's been a while since she has last laid an egg. Sigh:fl

10. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:It made me wonder if that was why I did not see both eggs in the box this morning. I think I would hold it in as long as I could if I had to push out something that big... both my BR's usually have their eggs in the box before I come out to give them breakfast.

On another note: I still have two more chickens that have another month or two before they start to lay... and let me tell you, I am anxiously waiting for them! Two eggs a day is most certainly not enough. And some of the research I have been doing seems to point that my brown leghorn may only produce every three days? It's been a while since she has last laid an egg. Sigh:fl

You should get 5-6 per week.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by