Egg pipped 24hrs now,here chick,no progress!!help!!

pagermo60

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 8, 2010
I have an egg that pipped 24hrs now. I can here the chick,but the hole is still small and no progress since yesterday,still the same size! Is this normal??

At what status are the rest of the eggs in the clutch? Chicks sometimes "rest" for extended periods of time and then zip and hatch rapidly. What day o incubation is it.

If its at the end of the incubation cycle and its NOT the first chick, I would get it out. I know alot of ppl feel strongly about not helping. Its up to you.

I usually help out the ones at the end of the hatch. I know the risk and have lots of experiences. Tell us what happens. Good luck.

I would not do it yet,I had a pip at 1:00PM yesterday and fought with myself to help or leave it alone.DH and I went to town and she was out and fine when we came home,just wait alittle bit.

It's is the first chick and it is day 21. I'm trying to be patience,but it's hard. I'll keep waiting. What if it's not out by tonight?

YAY baby chicks!!
celebrate.gif
ChickenSahib, although I've never helped a chick hatch, I've read you can kill it if it's done wrong.

Back
Top Bottom