Egg pipping on bottom, do I turn?

Spring Chickens

Chirping
Jul 6, 2020
Egg piped on bottom, by air cell. Humidity is 65 on day 21 should I open and turn it or leave it be? I do have 6 in total pipped

787BAF51-09CD-4030-9340-E0088AC04570.jpeg

Just leave it be it beginning to try to unzip, the others chicks as they hatch will move the egg. You don't want the chick inside the egg to shrinkwrap by opening the incubator so just keep watching. She will surprise you and be ok. She may even rest for a few hours before she completely unzips and pops out of the shell.

Just leave it be it beginning to try to unzip, the others chicks as they hatch will move the egg. You don't want the chick inside the egg to shrinkwrap by opening the incubator so just keep watching. She will surprise you and be ok. She may even rest for a few hours before she completely unzips and pops out of the shell.
The egg will not shrinkwrap instantly by opening the incubator. Thats only for doing it for a longer period of time.

Last edited:
Thank you for your advice. My first instinct was to leave it be too, because the humidity and temp of my incubator is perfect right now and it has been quite finicky. Fingers crossed!

Egg piped on bottom, by air cell. Humidity is 65 on day 21 should I open and turn it or leave it be?
I would leave it be. The chick will eventually turn itself around in the shell, making a crack entirely around the egg. I don't think it matters whether it starts at the top, the bottom, or the side.

I know this is 4 mos. After the fact, but I wanted to thank all of you for posting this thread. I currently have the same situation with a duckling and I found this thread to be very helpful. So thanks again!!!👍🏻😊

Back
Top Bottom