Egg pool! Guess the right date, win a prize! **Update #39**

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by socalchicks, Dec 6, 2009.

1. socalchicks

socalchicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2009
    Temecula Valley, CA
    I just re-organized my blog and wanted to drive some new traffic to it. I decided to start an egg pool (sort of like a football pool). I'm waiting for my chickens to start laying eggs. I thought it would be kind of fun to have people guess the date they think I'll get my first egg. The winner gets a set of 2 rooster kitchen towels.

Here is a link to my blog: http://suburbanhomestead.squarespace.com/

Let
    me know what you think. So far, there are only a couple entries about my chickens/animals. Originally, my blog was following my journey of trying to adopt a child. But, its been a few years now and the process hasn't gone the way I thought and there isn't anything to blog about. So, I thought I'd blog about my chickens, dogs, bunnies, learning to garden, composting, etc....

If you have a blog, feel free to post a link to mine. I'd be happy to post a link to your also!

Send me a message with your date if you want to join the egg pool! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  2. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice place you have there Kendall! All of your animals look so healthy and happy. And yes, I sent you my guess for the egg pool! Cute idea! And I want those towels!!! [​IMG]

3. socalchicks

Sep 1, 2009
    Temecula Valley, CA
    I put you on the list! Good luck [​IMG]

Yes, my animals are all very spoiled. I kind of have to do what they want, I'm so out numbered! [​IMG]

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Can I have December 13th? Figure maybe my B-day will be lucky for someone....

(hitting the big 3-0 so I'm not all that thrilled, but better than the alternative!!)

If not then how about the 15th... I've got a new nephew due that day so that seems sorta coinkydinky.

5. socalchicks

Sep 1, 2009
    Temecula Valley, CA
    Quote:You've got the 13th. Good luck and Happy Birthday! [​IMG] Hitting the big 3-0 isn't too bad! I personally started counting backwards a few years ago so I'll be turning 30 on my next birthday also![​IMG]

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Brilliant!

7. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    I checked out you site, neat put me down for 12/31 that's a good friend of mines B-day and a good average of point of lay from 19 wks old.

and thanks for the 9 and compliments on my signature also.

catdaddy

8. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Could you put me down for 12/27/09, please? That's the anniversary of my accident and if any of your ladies picks that day to lay, that can counterbalance the bad stuff from last year. lol
    Beautiful place you have, your animals are awesome. I hope it's ok to say, but from the looks of your life on your blog, you will be an awesome mom someday, hopefully very soon. I'll be praying your child finds you soon.

[​IMG]

9. socalchicks

Sep 1, 2009
    Temecula Valley, CA
    Quote:You've got 12/31. Good luck!

10. socalchicks

Sep 1, 2009
    Temecula Valley, CA
    Quote:You've got 12/27. I'm sorry about your accident. It would be nice to counterbalance it, though!

Thank you for your nice words and for keeping me in your prayers. I am still trying to adopt, I just don't know how its going to go or how much longer I'm willing to try. I will definitely post if anything either moves forward or I decide to stop trying.

Good luck with the egg pool!

No eggs yet this morning!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by