Egg Positioning

AvocadoAbi

Songster
Jul 3, 2021
Hi y'all!
I was wondering:
I am hatching eggs in a Brinsea incubator, which direction should the pointy end of the eggs be facing? Cause they will be hatching 4 days, and I have the pointy end facing inward pointing toward the middle water reservoir. Is this position correct?

Not familiar with the Brinsea incubator, but the important thing is that the pointy end sits lower than the round end. The round end is where the air sac is, and is the end the chicks will hatch out of - you want it up a bit. I hatch my chicken eggs lying in a random arrangement on their sides in the hatcher, and the round end naturally sits slightly higher than the pointy end.

Hi y'all!
I was wondering:
I am hatching eggs in a Brinsea incubator, which direction should the pointy end of the eggs be facing? Cause they will be hatching 4 days, and I have the pointy end facing inward pointing toward the middle water reservoir. Is this position correct?
Yes, the eggs should point inward towards the reservoir during the incubation period, this is not so important during hatch. If you have an automatic turner in the Brinsea take this out at lock down and place some nonstick shelf liner which you can cut to fit.
This will keep the chicks from slipping when they attempt to walk and prevent splayed leg. When I place my eggs in lockdown, I place the larger end outward, large end of air cell upwards, and line them up so I can see them during hatch and keep an eye on where they pip, etc.
Good luck with your hatch.😊
E13277DD-447E-42E1-A72D-B64829295918.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom