egg prices

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Colored Egg Farmer, May 30, 2008.

1. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

I've heard from my parents that egg prices are going to go on the rise soon. Its iffy but it will probably happen.

2. Colored Egg Farmer

This is the actuall egg market most stores pay so stay tuned.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  3. fivebigreds

fivebigreds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2007
    middle Tennessee
    Around here the price has dropped but, i know it won't last very long.

4. crooked stripe

crooked stripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    I saw eggs at the store yesterday for 3.19 a dozen. Still cheaper than one person on this site selling for 3.00 for 1/2 dozen. I am going to have to sit at my coop with a shot gun at night. John

5. annrich

annrich Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    Brown eggs "organic" here in western NY shelf price is $3.79 a dozen. White eggs are cheaper. I sell my eggs for $1.75 a dozen. The next pickup for them is $1.50 if they return the carton.
    Works pretty good for me.

6. 6chix

6chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    Western Ma
    I am getting 3.00/doz for my free range eggs and can't get the girls to lay enough. In the store the fre range eggs are 5.00/doz and organic are 6.25/doz [​IMG]. I need more chickens to keep up with demand

7. clheck28

clheck28 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2008
    I think I might have to raise my prices. LOL! I sell me free range chicken eggs for $1.00/dozen. To be honest, I don't even know what they cost in the store since I haven't bought eggs from a store in over 5 years.

8. Colored Egg Farmer

This is the national egg market so it (may) go up. this is just to show you that egg prices in stores may go up and that you who like to keep your prices comparable to stores will go up.

9. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    1 doz for organic eggs is around $3.75 at high end grocery stores around here, but I saw an ad for .97 doz at Aldis (low end store) this week. I give my eggs away for free to friends, etc. [​IMG]

10. flock-mama

flock-mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    I used to sell for $1.00 a doz, $1.50 an 18 pack, now I get $2.00 a doz, $3.00 an 18 pack. I get one turkey egg everyday, I don't know how much a doz of those would be worth, they are very good and large.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by