Egg problem

Dulzura

Songster
Aug 21, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
Hi everyone, hope you all are fine.
I have a female duck 6 years old start laying eggs after 3 years.
First egg she had layed on 3 weeks ago then second one after 1 week and then she had layed a small egg yesterday and today she have layed an egg. First two eggs are with proper egg shells but today's one is soft shelled.
Also she vomits and throw all food what she have ate. She is not eating anything now. Her poop was not good. I am attaching all pics of eggs and her poop.
I'm just giving her glucose in water Little quantity, her normal diet is tomatoes, cerelac, ORS for electrolytes, bananas, boiled rices, red rice, Coriander and egg shells.
Kindly help me what to do ?
I'm totally confused.
We don't have experience vet for birds and also due to covid majority one's not taking any appointment.

Attachments

• IMG_20210429_010115.jpg
    IMG_20210429_010115.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20210429_010210.jpg
    IMG_20210429_010210.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone, hope you all are fine.
I have a female duck 6 years old start laying eggs after 3 years.
First egg she had layed on 3 weeks ago then second one after 1 week and then she had layed a small egg yesterday and today she have layed an egg. First two eggs are with proper egg shells but today's one is soft shelled.
Also she vomits and throw all food what she have ate. She is not eating anything now. Her poop was not good. I am attaching all pics of eggs and her poop.
I'm just giving her glucose in water Little quantity, her normal diet is tomatoes, cerelac, ORS for electrolytes, bananas, boiled rices, red rice, Coriander and egg shells.
Kindly help me what to do ?
I'm totally confused.
We don't have experience vet for birds and also due to covid majority one's not taking any appointment.
She is doing this type of poop while laying and after laying.
Is this poop is fine or sign of any disease of eggs?
She is laying eggs without mating.
I don't allow her for mate because she is a handicap duck and lives me with all the time. But yes i have a drake as well who lives separately.
One thing more before laying she also faced so much breathing heavily and so much pain, she is so weak, i don't know what happened if she layed more 😔.
Will i give her any medicine ?
Please anyone tell me what should i give her now for eating, she vomited all food.
Should i give her vitamins, electrolytes? Or any antibiotics?
Please help 🙏
@Miss Lydia

Attachments

• IMG-20210429-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20210429-WA0007.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 3
If you can take her to a vet maybe they can do an xray and see if she is internal laying,
And if not maybe give you an antibiotic in case of infection.

If she is drinking good you can give her electrolytes to help keep her hydrated

Today i went to vet and he said just give her this dosage in 1 litre water regularly.
She is suffering with infection but infection is not effect her yet, if she will poop dark green liquid that's the sign of infection.
And in her diet he suggest me to give her all natural things that we human eats like, rice, corn, wheat and yes he also said to give her full crashed egg shells (powder form) in her feed.

Now im giving her all these things and just hope for the best.

Attachments

• IMG20210429202359.jpg
    IMG20210429202359.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG20210429202425.jpg
    IMG20210429202425.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 3
Glad you got her to a vet. The egg shell will give her much-needed calcium, as for diet what you typed is in the feed we buy here. except for the rice. We just buy it all mixed and trust the feed mill they are making it in appropriate proportions. I hope you see some fast results for all your doing, and she feels good again real soon.❤️

❤️

Glad you got her to a vet. The egg shell will give her much-needed calcium, as for diet what you typed is in the feed we buy here. except for the rice. We just buy it all mixed and trust the feed mill they are making it in appropriate proportions. I hope you see some fast results for all your doing, and she feels good again real soon.❤️

❤️
Inshallah ❤️ i will update you 💕

Back
Top Bottom