1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

egg production

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by trooper, Jul 16, 2011.

1. trooper

trooper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Staunton,Va
    My hens had got to where they had slowed way down on their egg production.I read that their food needed to be modified,so I bought a bag of layer pellets and a bag of crumbles and mixed them to geather.I also spread cracked corn and some sunflower seeds in the run for snacks.I cut back on the corn(due to corn creates heat in their bodies in and they don't need heat).I seen a difference in their production.Let me know what you think and any ideas please.Always wanting to learn.

2. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    You might get a lot more feedback if you post this in "Feeding and Watering." How old are your girls?

3. trooper

trooper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Staunton,Va
    they are a little over 1 year old.Thanks for the advice on which page to post.I'm not good with this thing so I'm learning a little at a time.

4. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    No biggie. I just can't answer for sure and thought you'd get more attention over there. I've not been on here too long either. Hope you find some answer!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by