Egg Punctured And Not Hatching.

theeblueking

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 25, 2013
I noticed some of my quail eggs have a litte hole in them but they are not doing any more puncturing, it has been 2 days since the holes appeared and the other eggs are hatching normally. Is there something wrong?

Last edited:
I did open one 2 days later to see and there was full grown baby in them, there was about 7 like this.
sad.png
Not sure what to think.

Either you have some bad eggs on your hands or something was amiss during incubation. Next time start with quality eggs and closely monitor the hatching process to make sure all the stats are where they should be for the species you are hatching. So sorry you had so much trouble.

Last edited:
Once they have externally pipped that is punched a hole on the outside they will rest for a bit sometimes a number of hours so don't worry then they should hatch pretty quickly all about the same time, if they have pipped externally and not hatched with 24 hours from the first pip then I would assume something is wrong, I have helped chicks hatch if they have not made it out after this time but if you leave it longer chances are they will die in the shell, it's not an ideal situation but the chicks I have helped in the past have been fine and grown into great adults so I don't hesitate to do it if I think they are having difficulty, trick is to start to chip the shell away very slowly where they have started after giving them at least 24 hours to do it themselves, if you see any blood stop for a couple of hours and try again, sometimes they do not making it despite our best intentions.

Back
Top Bottom