Egg question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ace_king_brahma, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    I ordered some pheasant eggs and upon openning the package I discovered half of them were shipped upside down and I am wondering if this will effect them. Or should I contact the supplier and ask for replacements?

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I'm curious about that, too... [​IMG] going to wait with you for an answer.
    I would think that if you turned them the right way and let them settle for 6-12 hours, perhaps the airsac would settle in the right position... hopefully someone will know for sure.
    [​IMG]

3. Ace_king_brahma

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    That's probably the only thing I can do for now is see and wait. This is a disappointment as I have been waiting a long time for these. Everything else about them was packed well just they put them with little end up. They even put paper between the eggs inside the carton and packed it pretty tight so the carton wouldn't bounce around in the shipping box.

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

They should be fine.

5. Ace_king_brahma

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Quote:I'm hoping on that. Well I am going to let them settle for awhile as Mrs. Ak sugguested and hope things are fine when I put them in the incubator. I plan now to see how they do before I order anymore from this particular pheasant farm.

6. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I'm pretty sure I saw someone on here with guineas... [​IMG]

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I'm hoping on that. Well I am going to let them settle for awhile as Mrs. Ak sugguested and hope things are fine when I put them in the incubator. I plan now to see how they do before I order anymore from this particular pheasant farm.

Let them settle and come to room temp for about 7-12 hours.

8. skennedy

skennedy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Denham Springs, LA
    Quote:They will be fine. Just put them in the proper, small side down, position and let them rest for 6 to 12 hours. Then incubate as normal.

9. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG] Good luck, Ace! [​IMG]

10. Ace_king_brahma

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I'm pretty sure I saw someone on here with guineas... [​IMG]

LOL.... I am so tempted to get back into guineas right now. But....I just put together brooder #5 this morning and don't feel like making number six anytime soon.
    And thanks again for the advice.

Quote:Quote:Thanks to you as well. This is why I come here first everyone is so helpful here. This is the first time I was shipped eggs upside down and I was worried since I started raising and hatching eggs years back all I ever heard was keep them the right way up at all times.

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

[​IMG] Good luck, Ace! [​IMG]

Thanks! I'll need it...I have a dozen eggs that just went from turning trays to hatcher tray this morning. And also good luck to you with your 100 eggs. I have 50 coturnix on the way myself.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by