Egg recall on the News stations every day now.

joebryant

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
SW of Greenwood, INDIANA
Doncha luv it? Wonder how many thousands of new members for BYC and demand for free range chicken eggs will be brought about by this revelation and truth about the "commercial" egg producers. Betcha it's time to raise your prices, folks; the demand's going to shoot up.

Last edited:
Even the comedians are on it...Stephen Colbert commented the other night about how they were going to put all those recalled eggs back in the chickens...not a funny thing but I hope the spot light shines on those battery hens and they get some improvements in their lives...

Quote:
I just now walked into the living room where CNN was on, and Dr. Sanjay was reporting on it. He had a list of 10 brand names showing and said that there was a longer list on his web site.

Samonella.

And they wonder why we bother keeping "those stinky, dirty, smelly, loud, annoying" birds! No, I think they will figure it out
smile.png

And now it's time for me to go out and do morning chores...feed and water my "stupid, smelly, noisy" hens whose eggs have never made anyone sick!

I don't often say I TOLD YOU SO but now I might think about it!

I love my chickens and they are happy, healthy and well taken care of. I live in Maine and DeCosters Egg Farm has been in the news for decades. Dirty, smelly, inhumane place that clearly should have been shut down decades ago. I hope something gets done about the battery chickens but I'm not waiting for that to happen (if it ever does). I've been buying my eggs from a local farm for a couple of years now and just this year my DH agreed to let me have my own flock. I'm a happy camper. I KNOW WHERE MY FOOD COMES FROM!

I love my chickens.
big_smile.png

And WHY would anyone in California knowingly buy eggs from IOWA?Because the public doesn't know where the eggs are from!
My clients ,family and friends all know where their eggs are from-My Chickens!So when my hoity winey parttime neighbors screen my coop area-I just smile,smile,smile...and let the roosters speak!

Back
Top Bottom