1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Egg rocking but no internal pip?!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RandomDuck, Aug 24, 2014.

1. RandomDuck

RandomDuck Out Of The Brooder

So.. It's day 20/21 of my first hatch. I have one egg in the bator, who has gone through so much, and somehow lived.. A power outage, and lockdown troubles.. It just has to make it past this.. In the morning, it was very still, and I was sure it was dead, from the power outage.. But about an hour ago, it has started shaking and rocking.. I was so happy, and im just concluded that earlier it was sleeping :p
    So, it was moving around nicely and everything, I just have a question.
    When will it internally or externally pip? I havnt heard any chirping or anything, so it obviously isn't internally pipped. Should I be worried?? I don't think so, though. And what could the chick be doing inside that requires so much movement and rocking. Lol, bye!!

~ RandomQueen
    :weee

2. RandomDuck

Bump..

3. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Take a deep breath.....tell yourself everything is going to be okay....!! At the tail end of incubating eggs it gets so intense, doesn't it?!! The one thing I would advise is to NOT open that bator .. leave well enough alone, you're on day 20, it could go another 24-48 hours....please keep us updated and let us know how everything turns out!!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  4. RandomDuck

Ok, thank you!! I just need some reassurance, lol ^^
    What could the chick be doing that requires so much movement an d shaking, though?

5. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Well....think about it. That itty-bitty thing is trying to get out of a rock-hard shell!! [​IMG] They get just exhausted making a crack around the perimeter of the egg...poor little guys. But don't panic, they will get out. And on the downside, if they don't, then it just wasn't meant to be. It's the hard facts of life, but I thought I'd give you a heads-up just in case.

But I think everything will be fine....be sure to post a pic of the little fuzzy butt so I can see!!!

6. RandomDuck

HAY GUYZ.. Good news!! Ii now have one beautiful new chick named Recore!! It hatched around noon today, and I waited a bit before putting it in the brooder.. Yes yes, not 24 hours but I was impatient lol :D anyway, thank you so much for the help,!! You guys are awesome!! :celebrate

7. Brie6895

Brie6895 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Magnolia Springs, AL

Yay!! What day did it actually hatch? I'm still impatiently waiting on my little ones

8. RandomDuck

It hatched today, day 22 of incubation.. :D would you like to see some pictures??

9. Brie6895

Brie6895 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Magnolia Springs, AL

Of course :jumpy: :weee:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  10. RandomDuck

Ok here you go. [​IMG]

Sorry it's hard to see, I'll get some better ones soon :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by