egg rolling around?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Serama Mama 4, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Serama Mama 4

Serama Mama 4 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2010
    its day 22 and still no pip but the eggs are rolling around . we havent touched them and are wondering if we should pull the plug
    what do u think?

2. NicoleRM

NicoleRM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2007
    Williston, FL
    If they're rolling, they're still alive! Give them until at least day 24-25 before you make any decisions.

3. LuvMyPeeps7

LuvMyPeeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    Lexington
    Quote:[​IMG] Agree if there still rollin let them go for a few days. Good luck! I just had one hatch and 2 pips with 34 more to go!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Serama Mama 4

Nov 27, 2010
    thanks guys i havent had any more action but my fingers are crossed!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    Since they're rolling around, they're obviously alive [​IMG] Don't throw

ANY eggs out until day 27-28. Your babies are rollin', so that means they'll

be pippin' soon!

good luck!

-Becca

6. mitch324

mitch324 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    Macedon, NY
    Keep the bator going it won't be long now.

7. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Ah yes... Rolling eggs... The bain of all first timers. Your chicks are moving around in their eggs getting in the correct position to pip. Now it's ok on day 22. More than likely you might have had lower temps, or the eggs were cooler when they went in. That will delay a hatch.

You might need to check your water. On day 18 you went into lockdown, so that has been 4 days. Since they haven't pipped it could be another 24 hours or so after they pip. SOOOOOO.... if you are low you might consider adding some water. Of course you might have plenty of water. Just watch your hygrometer and if it starts dropping, get ready to add water.

What type of bator do you have?

HAPPY NEW HATCHING YEAR!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  8. turningchicken

turningchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    I wish you the very best of luck. I have tried incubating Seramas twice and failed. They even got to the rolling point and I listened to them chirping, but they never pipped. I have been successful with other eggs and have had an 80% hatch rate on them, but didn't succed with Seramas. I will be watching and if you succeed I am trying again!!

9. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh... these are Serama Eggs!!!

That's a little different story.. What size are the eggs? How many eggs?

10. Serama Mama 4

Nov 27, 2010
    no theyre americana eggs(serama eggs werent fertile) theres only 1 left after discarding because of infertility.i have a little giant still air incubator and on day 12 the temp shot up to 116!!!!!!!!!! im surprised this egg even made it through that!i read that high temps kills roosters is that true? at least it will probably be a hen!thanks 4 the help im new at this(you can probably tell). BTW what temp should the brooder be at 3 wks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by