Egg Sexer on ebay.com

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
  2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

On 100 chickens it should do as well as 50/50. There is nothing magnetic about a chicken. There is no good scientific reason that a magnet can detect sex. But if you want to makr one you need nylon thred snd a rare earth magnet. Look up preganancy pendilums (spelling) they will tell you wich way inficates male vs femsle. Or you could get a plumb wieght and test it on your known males and females and then try the chicks. But on known sex birds it should be 100% accurate if it works at all.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  3. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Don't waste your money IMO.

4. Flashy2003

Flashy2003 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2010
    Connecticut
    Sounds like voodoo. [​IMG]

5. F50myster

F50myster Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    Central Coast
    mmm...sounds too good to be true...You should try it and see how it goes. red his feedback and see if people left comments on his day old sexing or egg sexing

6. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    ok... My first thought is, "Why aren't the hatcheries using these instead of culling a good number of roos at hatch... My second though is, I love the way the person puts, "but sometimes there is a small few that these dont work for.".... I'd be willing to bet the small amount it don't work on will be the eggs of the highest bidder... [​IMG] Anything to make a buck!!

Goddess [​IMG]

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I'm asking because my mom wants me to try it out...she said it might be better if I hatched just female chicks. [​IMG]

8. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    Wow... He really is trying to make a buck!!! The negative comments say it's just a magnet on a ribbon.. well, if you look at the picture closely, that's exactly what it is... I magnet at the end of a ribbon with a bead at the other end... OMG!!!!! Save your $$.. If you want to see if it works, go get a magnet off the fridge and glue a string to it....

Goddess [​IMG]

9. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    See theres one thing that bothers me about the feedback. Ok So you recieve the Egg sexer, and you put your feedback for example I say "awesome I got it A+++" but they finally your chicks hatch or whatever and you use it and it does not work in the long run, and you already put your feedback, So you cant double your feedback (that im aware of) Im not very good at ebay and dont know a lot.

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Humm....I wonder if I can contact the seller.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by