Egg shipping to Saudi Arabia? Can I?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Express Mail[​IMG] International is $56.00 (3 - 5 business days).
    Any regulations to be aware of?
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

2. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    NOT A CHANCE.....IT is highly illegal to import or export, customs will cease and destroy them, then come see why you did it.
    You can get a permit for certain countries, I assure you Saudi aint one of them, none of the middle east is.

No eggs by US folks can be shipped out side the US and you best be NPIP permitted even then if you are shipping out of state. Also over 25% of the states require import permits on top of the NPIP certification, then ones like Hawaii, Virginia, and Alaska, well you just cant get legal enough to properly ship to them.
    So, get certified, get all your state import permits, and ship only the the lower 48 excluding Virginia and you can do it legally, forget all over seas shipments, you will get in a lot of trouble for that. That's also why Ebay now makes it mandatory for you to exclude all overseas shipments in their auctions for eggs.

3. NOT A CHANCE.....IT is highly illegal to import or export, customs will cease and destroy them, then come see why you did it.
    You can get a permit for certain countries, I assure you Saudi aint one of them, none of the middle east is.

Thanks, that's what I thought, but wanted to ask to make sure before I did more than check shipping charges.
    I appreciate your reply!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa​

4. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    no problem Lisa...do be aware of all that US bound stuff I mentioned too. You need all that to do it legally here, they eventually catch everyone, and it is a misdemeanor offense with pretty good fines once you get caught....if you are NPIP certified, you're good to go, but get a import permit by state list from your NPIP state agency, like I said, over half the states now require one of those too.

5. TinkleTurkey

TinkleTurkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Palmdale
    wow you need NPIP just to ship to another state? Or does it vary by state? I'm not NPIP but I'd like to swap eggs with someone sometime, sounds like a pain in the arse.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by