EGG SIZE

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by laurelbrookhens, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Just for fun......What is the largest and smallest chicken egg you have ever collected after the chickens were regularly laying? We have Sexlinks and Rhode Island Reds. Our smallest egg so far is 1.4 oz and our largest is 3.4oz.

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Hey Laurel

I do not weigh my gals eggs as we have 5 x pet bantams. However, this is definitely the smallest egg we have had [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Fluffers

Fluffers Chillin' With My Peeps

Once my barred rock Feathery randomly layed and egg the size of a robin's! Nut it was brown, with cute little freckles [​IMG]

4. deadeyejedi

deadeyejedi Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2017
    saratoga springs ny
    Hi just wanted to jump in and ask a question if I may . Is there any factors involved why the same chicken can lay all sizes of eggs? My chickens are all young and seem to lay large double-Yolkers one day then small the next , then medium . They are all mixed breed , thanks

5. Cluckcluck1215

Cluckcluck1215 Chillin' With My Peeps

One that was the size of a............Small rock.Maybe.It was tiny.I think it was a 'Wind Egg" or a "Fariy Egg" or a"Fart Egg"teehee.

6. Fluffers

OH OH i knew it was called that :p i read that from my chicken encyvlopedia but forgot

7. So, I've heard about the smallest. What about the biggest?

8. Cluckcluck1215

Cluckcluck1215 Chillin' With My Peeps

I read the largest egg ever was 1LB!It had a double yolk and a double shell!The most yolks recorded in a egg was NINE!!!YES you read that right 9!

9. Fluffers

What?? I thought it was 8! Well, thats what i get for watching old top 10 videos :p

10. deadeyejedi

deadeyejedi Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2017
    saratoga springs ny
    So far I've got one egg weighing in at 82 grams.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by