1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Egg song and dance Fake Out?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SIMPleChick, Jul 12, 2011.

1. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    My chickens have just started laying, 3 days in a row! Whoot Whoot! So my EE, for the last 2 days has been doing the song and has been nesting in the boxes, making herself comfy, butt pulsing, squalking, panting, holding wings out, for like an hour at a time....The color drains from her face and she really seems like she is going to lay, but I haven't even found a fart egg or anything! Do they do this because they are immatiting the others or does it just take a lot longer for others?? She is not in distress, very happy and healthy. Is she just giving me the fake out?? [​IMG]

2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    Practicing.

3. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Boy is she goooood at practicing! LOL! She fakes me out BIG time! LOL! [​IMG]

4. ChickenAl

ChickenAl Diagnosis...Chicken-Headed

Jun 5, 2011
    Putnam cty, NY
    Sounds like a warm up. Mine did that the same day she layed her first egg. Thought there was something wrong with her until I posted what I saw on the site, then checked the coop and saw the egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by