Egg song early?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by FRlEDeggs, Sep 11, 2010.

1. FRlEDeggs

FRlEDeggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Today I heard one of my girls doing what I THINK was the Egg Song (Bok bok bok bok bok Buh-GAWK! etc)
    But they're only 13 weeks old! Are they going to lay soon???

2. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Something might have scared her. Some chicken are very loud and throw tantrums for no obvious reason sometime

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Bingo.

Now of course I've had a girl lay at 19 weeks of age, but at 13 - It's just a form of being spooked.

4. FRlEDeggs

FRlEDeggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Spooked, eh? [​IMG]
    I'll have to keep that in mind... but I don't know what would scare her! It couldn't have been a predator, because our dog was out there protecting them! I wonder what it was!
    Do you think she could have just been practicing?

5. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    my bo hen screams in the am when im not quick enough to feed them. She yells when the pullet are out of view. She gets mad when the pullet go to the other side of the pool and she is too chicken to cross where they did. I got her with a bad leg and she only hops on 1 foot so she isn't stupid. See there are so many reason for a bok song from what I heard yesterday its kind of a warble and hi pitch when they lay

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by