Egg song... NOT!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jayne, Aug 4, 2010.

1. jayne

jayne Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2008
    Well last evening we were sitting in the lounge talking and I heard loud as can be "the egg song" I was so excited as I have been waiting to hear that wonderful song since we moved and had to leave my old chickens behind in Colorado. My new girls are about 17 / 18 weeks old so I rushed outside and out to the coop.... halfway across the property I realize the noise is not coming from my girls but from across the street...they got new layers last week!!! cheated and bought laying hens!!! didnt want to wait like everyone else!!! jumped to head of the line!!!! now I listen to the egg song every morning...just NOT from my girls.. thats just plain torture!!!! [​IMG] I did tell my girls last week it was a competition with the people across the street..I guess they didnt listen. But the rooster this week has really been taking an interest in them and being very romantic by grabbing them by the neck LOL so hopefully thats a good sign..either that or he is just a pervert..
    I want my girls to sing the "egg song" !!!!

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG]

That cracked me up. I hate it when somebody else gets what I want before I do! It's not like it is Keeping Up with the Joneses or anything, it's like they stole my idea! My inner child would be kicking the metaphysical curb in a fit of pique, too.

3. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    I'd egg their house. LOL

4. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] x2

5. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    I'd egg their house. LOL

With what? She'd have to borrow a dozen first!!![​IMG]

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:With what? She'd have to borrow a dozen first!!![​IMG]

Store bought eggs. What could be worse? I wouldn't waste my GOOD eggs egging someone's house!

7. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    Was exactly what I was thinking, store bought eggs! LOL

8. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Aww, bummer! No fair! However, it won't be long before your girls are singing their own egg songs. Hang in there!

9. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:With what? She'd have to borrow a dozen first!!![​IMG]

Store bought eggs. What could be worse? I wouldn't waste my GOOD eggs egging someone's house!

[​IMG]

10. Whimsy

Whimsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Cecilia KY
    Thanks for the smile [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by