egg song......sound??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by corona, Nov 23, 2011.

1. corona

corona Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2011
    my hens have been laying for only a few weeks but there is no egg song.....when one of them go inside to lay....they all follow.....and there is absolute silence until the deed is done....then they all file out and just continue with the scratching and usual clucking......
    I would really like to hear an egg song......does anyone have a little video clip?????

2. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    You can check Youtube, Im sure they have it on there. & Not all chickens sing the egg song, my EE don't sing but my Buff Orps sing like there is no tomorrow!

3. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    My EE's don't make a peep. But my Golden Comets sound like this : "Bok bok bok buh-GAWK!!!!!" and my Cherry Eggers sound like this: "BAWK bok bok bok buh gawk." It's hilarious. I love waking up to that sound.

4. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

Boy, all of mine seem to sing and bawk for at least fifteen minutes. Even the rooster sings the egg song! The Fayoumis are the loudest.

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I have only heard the egg song once after an actual egg was laid. It really cracked me up... Now they won't do it again. I've heard it another time as a warning when my buff orpington was spooked, but she hasn't started to lay yet.. I have high hopes! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by