egg stain

tic

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Hi , I have just collected my eggs and one has what seems to be blotches of blood on it , can anyone tell me what this may mean and if it is a problem..

I think it is my RIR , it is about 1 year old and have been laying for a few months now . I have nver had this on an egg before although one of our Marans , again about 14mths old and laying for a good number of mths now seems to lay brown blotchy eggs as opposed to the other which lays lovely chocolate brown ones. We do not as yet put anything in with the water or feed as we have only had the hens about 8 months and are not sure what is best to put in

Sometimes a hen will lay a wrinkly egg, is this the case? Any hen can occasionally make a blood spot, the trick is knowing if it's the same hen, which could be a problem. Apparently a Tbsp of apple cider vinegar in 1 gal water assists birds in laying an even layer of calcium and in accessing the calcium in their systems. I began using it a month ago and the hens love it. You think your RIR may be the one? if a regular thing, she should be examined especially around the vent.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom