egg stealing in new jersey

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by njchicks, Aug 26, 2010.

1. njchicks

njchicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Hi ALL,

just want to alert all to this. I live in central NJ. For the fifth day, no eggs. I have 17 hens and one roo. There are 4 to young to lay. But I had been getting 4 eggs per day after a very hot summer. Tomorrow a padlock goes on.....egg hysteria out there. The hens are secure, no animals can get in to their house or yard, it is fenced top and bottom. Oh well...it's the Soprano State, Rob

2. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    I read a post a few months ago ,on bcy. and after setting up camera's.they discovered thier neighbor was comng over, stealling the eggs and then selling them..........
    Guess they would have gotten in trouble fro shooting that preditior..[​IMG]

3. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    Quote:Not in Texas. [​IMG]

Not that i would want to shoot someone for stealing my eggs. But laws like that help keep folks out of the hen house.

4. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    You could also post a sign "Salmonella grown here" See if you can deter them. Or Just wormed the chickens - Eggs not consumable.

Science experiment in progress. I would post it in multiple languages too.

I bet its kids.

My neighbors down the road have some "really nice" (sarcastic) kids who steal anything not locked up well including eggs so they can toss them at each other. I went to talk to their parents and explained that if they are taking my eggs because there is not enough food at home - they should just ask first but if they are wasting the eggs to toss at each other - I won't tolerate it and I will call the police and file charges. The parents are jerks but I had video proof of the kids taking eggs so I think they got the message.

Caroline

5. The Yakima Kid

The Yakima Kid Cirque des Poulets

Post a biohazard sign on the coop.

6. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Quote:You can snatch those stickers from the doctor's office. I did. Applied to various items these can be quite funny. College humor.

7. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    You have all kinds out there, just keep a sharp eye out and see what happens.

AL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by