egg storage, how do you store your eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lcammack, Oct 17, 2011.

1. lcammack

lcammack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Hi all, a while back I saw the neatest egg storage. It was a metal spiral that the eggs rotated down so you could put new eggs in the top and use the oldest eggs first from the bottom. I have searched and searched and can not find the post or anything like it on the web. Does anyone remember this or now where to find one?

2. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    that sounds cool, and I hope someone does remember cause I would like one too :) What the heck would you call something like that??

Ema

3. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
  4. lcammack

lcammack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Thanks Ema! Yes I was doing a bing search, not finding what I wanted, the went to Google (should have started there first!) They are called egg skelters! I have only located them at one us store onlline and they are going for about $37. I will have to see if I want to spend that much. But they look like they would work great.

Anyone on here have one?

What do you think of it?

5. LizaBlue

LizaBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2010
    Wee Acres
    Is it an egg skelter? I found them on a website long ago that supposedly invented them and they sold them in dozens of colors.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by