Egg Swap?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by learycow, Feb 14, 2014.

1. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Just wondering what is going on for waterfowl egg swaps right now.
    I am a part of the one run by SilkieSensation but just wondering if there are any others.
    I'm going to be starting the incubator soon to put goose eggs in and would like to fill it!

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    learycow, I did not even know there were such things. Wow. Hope all is well up your way. We are to get a few more inches of snow today. Maybe.

3. learycow

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Yes! Ill see if I can link it to here for you :) they are SO fun to be a part of!

We got about 8 inches of snow with Thursdays storm with a little rain/ice on top. And we are supposed to get another 8 inches with this storm. Crazy how winter here started off cold and snowy, warmed up and melted in Jan, and now it's cold (but not as cold) and TONS of snow yet again!

And oddly enough, my buff geese started laying! I've got 5 eggs saved up to put in the incubator. Usually they don't start for me until March so I hope this doesn't mean they will stop laying early in the season :/

Where are you located again? You probably have more snow than we do as it seems the southern part of NE has gotten hit harder than us the past few times

4. Amiga

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Thanks, learycow!

We are a bit south of Waterbury, Connecticut, 20 miles in from the coast.

We have a couple of feet of snow with an icy topping. Expecting 1 to 6 inches, depending on how it goes. That's today. Heard we may get more later in the week.

Romy has laid a few soft eggs, that's about it for now. Hazel finally stopped laying a couple of weeks ago.

5. learycow

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Good luck! Hopefully spring will come thaw us all out soon!

6. Amiga

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by