1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Egg taste difference with breeds?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cherylita, Apr 15, 2016.

1. cherylita

cherylita Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2016
    Gainesville GA
    New to chickens so if this question has been asked and answered before, pardon the repetition.

Do different breed eggs for chickens taste different? Any input is appreciated:)

2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    There is no difference in the taste of an egg from one breed to the next. Sometimes certain plants can affect the taste of eggs though, like flax, chives, or garlic.

1 person likes this.
  3. mechanic57

mechanic57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2014
    As with most things on here, you will find there are an infinite number of differing opinions. I don't disagree with the above statement, but I've heard from others who do. I have not sampled eggs from every breed. I do believe that a chickens diet and the relative freshness of eggs collected daily from a backyard flock do improve taste over store bought eggs, which are stored refrigerated for much longer than many common people realize.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by