egg temperature

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by teachao, May 5, 2009.

1. teachao

teachao Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    Savannah Georgia
    Yesterday I was out of school with pink-eye. I called one of my teachers and asked her to check on my eggs. I have 36 chicken eggs in one and 24 duck eggs in the other. She called me at home about 1:15 (eastern time) and told me they were both fine temp was 99-100 degrees and humidity was about 65. First batch of c. eggs went in on Friday the 24th some on monday the 27th duck eggs went in on the 27th. When I got to school this morning at 8:30 the incubator with the chicken eggs was at 118 degrees with little humidity BY 9:15 I had got both temp and humidity where they are suppose to be. I do not know how long they were at that temp. Bottom incubator with duck eggs was down to 75 with humidity at 85-90. I got it back to normal fairly quickly, too. If I candle the eggs what should I look for to see in any survied their ordeal?[​IMG]

2. teachao

Apr 24, 2009
    Savannah Georgia
    Please Please answer me as soon as possible. I am so upset.

3. DANNY

DANNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    You can tell if it cooked the eggs by candling. You will not be able to see through the egg it will look solid and won't be able to see the yolk or veining. I think you should be ok.

4. teachao

Apr 24, 2009
    Savannah Georgia
    thank you so much for answering me I candled a couple and they look like the yolk is about 1/3 down and the bottom of the egg you can see through. I haven't tried the duck eggs yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by