Egg Temperatures.

Bradfordj

Chirping
Mar 11, 2015
Saskatchewan, Canada
I am currently incubating 12 Silver Spangled Hambergs and 18 various other breeds. I have been having issues with quality of thermometers, which are showing me various temperatures, so I have been using a temperature gun to see the actual temps of the egg itself. Majority of the eggs were right where I wanted them however a few eggs were up to 5 degrees Celsius cooler than rest. They haven't quite been in there a week yet so I haven't candled them, but was wondering if anyone knew if these temperature variations could predict if the egg was fertile or not?

I am currently incubating 12 Silver Spangled Hambergs and 18 various other breeds. I have been having issues with quality of thermometers, which are showing me various temperatures, so I have been using a temperature gun to see the actual temps of the egg itself. Majority of the eggs were right where I wanted them however a few eggs were up to 5 degrees Celsius cooler than rest. They haven't quite been in there a week yet so I haven't candled them, but was wondering if anyone knew if these temperature variations could predict if the egg was fertile or not?
Chances are they are in a cooler spot in the bator. Try rotating them with other eggs and see if the temp comes up. If you have cool spots in the incubator it may also be part of the reasoning you are getting various temps with the thermometers as well.

I also have a temp gun. Investigated them today wanting to know how accurate they are....they are only accurate plus or minus 2 degrees F. so may not be altogether accurate either. It's very frustrating I know when you have 4 or 5 thermometers and they all read different and you can't be sure what to trust.

Forced air incubator, fan works very well, it's literally four eggs in random spots. The ones all around them are bang on, and all of the SSH are bang as well, and placed in rows in an auto turner.

Back
Top Bottom