egg thief caught in the act!

duckface

Songster
10 Years
Aug 1, 2009
the back of my horse
I have one hen who is not sitting on a nest and for quite some time I haven't been able to find where she's laying. Well, the past two days my daughters saw a couple of eggs up by the house. I suspected our 3-month-old German wirehaired puppy was stealing them, so this morning when I let her out I hid behind our outdoor wood burner and spied on her...with the camera in hand, of course!

38104_junee_10_003.jpg

I'm not sure what she does with them. The ones found were still intact. My husband plans to use her for pheasant hunting so he was all excited she didn't break them.
roll.png

She is in big trouble! But I admit I got a good laugh seeing her come out of there with that "uh-oh, busted" look on her face.
big_smile.png

gig.gif
Just adorable! Cute pup and smart too.

You should post the picture for captions! "Look what these birds make for me Mom!" "What? It's my breakfast!"

Quote:
It's a bird dog, a soft mouth is a very good thing!!!!

I have a strong feeling that the reason my Lab (mix) was given away is because he chews on stuff as he retreives it
roll.png
For me that just means buying the "super tough" balls, but for a duck hunter....

We have an egg thief here, too. He's a Basset/Beagle mix, named Doodle. Dumbest dog I've ever met, but sweet as all get out. Now I keep him in the house in the morning until I gather up the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom