Egg turner for a small incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by majortaylor, Feb 23, 2016.

1. majortaylor

majortaylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2015
    Texas
    I'm planning on building a small coolerbator to hatch some Serama eggs and PolishXserama mixes from my flock. Not looking to hatch a ton of eggs and my cooler won't be huge, but I would like to splurge on an automatic egg turner.
    Does anyone know of a stand alone egg turner that is smaller then 15" X 15"?
    I was looking at the reptipro 5000/6000 because it looks smaller but cannot for the life of me find the dimensions!
    Thanks for any help!

2. GodofPecking

GodofPecking Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2015
    I'm in the middle of making the end of all incubators. It's built into an upright freezer. I need to make a turner myself because I can't find any. the reptipro 5000 is a complete incubator, so I don't know why it would make sense to dismantle an incubator to build an incubator ? I think 192 egg incubators cost about $150 or so at the moment, with auto turning.

Still, I have to make some for mine. The long narrow trays are the time consuming bit I think.

3. majortaylor

majortaylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2015
    Texas
    Reptipro make an egg turner to fit inside the 5000/6000 bator models. It doesn't look to hold as many eggs as the hovabator models, which measure 15" X 15" and are too wide for what I need.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by