Egg turner for incubator

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wynette, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Looking for a near new or new egg turner for an incubator. They type that has rows of egg cups...like any of these:

http://www.flemingoutdoors.com/egg-turners.html

I'm hoping someone has one they never needed or seldom used - am willing to pay for it, but would rather find someone willing to trade me for some hatching eggs...

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Wynette...Oddly enough I do! I didnt sell it when I sold off one of my bators just in case I needed it for something haha

Its in the garage-Ill see tomorrow as the garage ( barn) is on the other end of property-its sitting in an old hovabator doing nothing . I used it 3-4 times??? It has been sitting for 8 months now??? Ill get it -look it over and plug it in to make sure all works properly- I dont need eggs right now but would love to have a "credit" for the future? LOL

3. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Oh, that would be awesome! Gosh, and to think I wasn't even going to post, thinking no one would have one...but, "nothing ventured, nothing gained" won out!

I'll be happy to send you eggies at some point in the future! Thanks a bunch! [​IMG]

4. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Don't you just love it when things like this work out. That's why I enjoy this forum so much-everyone is willing to help each other out.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Yah it is so funny because I've had a few folks ask for it but I said no and I held onto it for a while now thinking I could really use it-but honestly..Im not going to buy another bator that it fits so it just makes sense to offer it up:) Ill get home around 5pm tonight and after collection Ill grab it and plug that sucker in and see where we're at:)

6. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    That sounds great - but, if you think you may use it in the future, just say the word. This is for a bator that I'm (well, I use the term "I" incorrectly - it's actually my BROTHER! HA!) converting from a very old lab incubator. Thanks so much!

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:too funny I have an old lab incubator works like a top and looks new too-thats what I was saving it for! But I didnt know how to rig the turners in it?? No biggie if its good its yours:) Im not brave enough to fire that huge thing up fits like 100-150 eggs well 3 turners so 48 x 3= alot of eggs haha I just got a brinsea 40dx so for now Im happy as a lark! This way, you can hook it up to your lab bator and I can see how you did it! So when I do get brave enough I can always get more if I ever need to :)

8. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    OH my goodness - the Brinsea octo 40 is my DREAM bator! I have an octo 20 advance and that thing just ROCKS as far as a table top. It hold temp like NOBODY's business. I've had the best hatches in it!

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:I know...it took me forever to save for it too. I almost got the 20 but it just seemed that it wasn't big enough.. It a great bator and it huge-bigger than what I pictured. I love it but I am having a hard time keeping humidity. Im sure its because of our weather--below 0 everyday if not 20-30 below ... So Instead of refilling very 3-4 days its everyday-I used to worry about temps going back up as it took forever in my hova's. Now, as soon as I pop the top back on, within 2-3 minutes temp is back where it should be!!! My first hatch in it was much better than the hova's but I did lose alot to shrink wrapping. So this hatch Im keeping humidity higher at all times to see if it makes a difference..we'll see

Ok so I have the turner-washed all counter parts ( it was bleached before I stored it but of course it had some dust on it) I have it turned on and it seems to be working but something doesnt quit look right so Im leaving it plugged in and watching it. Maybe because its been a long time since I used and am not used to the way it works? IDK but I want to make sure it's normal before I say its a go:) The one thing I noticed it's missing is 1 out of the 6 little metal clips that holds the turner into place??? SO I chose to leave the middle one blank and use the rest to support it all. It is a yellow turner-I'll let you know later tonight to see how its working:)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Wynette,

I have had the turner in all weekend and it all looks fine. Id like to keep running it another day though because I think my eyes are playing tricks on me! I look at it to see the tray leaning one way and then I look an hour later its the same way and I think Im missing it turn the other way? I want to see it turn both ways-Ive been a little ill so I havent paid too much attention to it but Im making beef stew right now and its right in my face so I hope I dont miss it! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by