Egg turner help

Heidi2014

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 9, 2014
Hi, this is my first post :)

I recently bought my first incubator, a Janoel 8-48, but I am not sure if the egg turner is working properly. This is going to be hard to explain so here goes...

I expected it to tilt left for 2 hours, then tilt right for 2 hours an so on. However instead it tilts left and then returns to right at 2 hour intervals (so it stays tilted right for all of the time in between turning). Is this supposed to happen? I'm worried it is going to make the chicks develop unevenly since the eggs are in the same position most of the time.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Ok thanks, I have taken the motor out so I can turn them manually in the tray. Unfortunately I can't send it back because I need it for the eggs I bought (before realising there was a problem).

Hi ,
I have the same problem. The egg turner is tilted to the left and is not moving. Terrible instructions to this product. Did you manage to find out what the problem was by any chance as I too have eggs in mine?
Thanks
Zoe

That's strange that yours is the same. I have ended up taking the turner out and just turning them manually every few hours. It's a bit of a pain but it seems to be working fine, as I candled them last night and could see movement in all of the eggs :)

I'm so glad I found someone else that has the janoel! Mine has the EXACT same problem! It always ends up tilted to the right, though it does a full rotation for some seconds, but ends up in the same position! Yes! I actually have a two year warranty, so this is what I'm going to do: I currently have eggs in mine that I won't part with, so I'm going to twist the eggs in the turner a few times a day, see how they hatch, then make a final decision. The whole thing is...I paid 220.00 for this baby, especially for the turner! I just don't know! Oh ya, I HAVE contacted the seller on amazon, and they sent me the forms to return it, but they also said that by my description, that it is working properly! If that is the case, I'm sure the engineers know nothing about egg incubation, don't ya think?! I honestly just wanted a replacement turner and keep the rest because it holds temp and humidity so well. Such an easy digital readout, too. I'd love to know how all of yours hatch out :)

Just in case you're wondering, it's a janoel8-48 full automatic.

That's the same as mine. Very unusual, it sounds like its supposed to turn eggs that way :/. Anyway, mine hatched a couple of days ago (8 out of 12) with me turning by hand. So the incubator works fine otherwise, but its really annoying having paid for the turner and not being able to use it!

I wonder if anyone on here has used this incubator with the turner being as it is? Maybe it could actually work, but I'm not game enough to try.

My original goal was to try it out as is, but I'm the same as you; too invested to gamble. I want as many babies as I can get of I'm putting my hands in there constantly! It's work! Thanks for your comments. Glad we can learn together :)

Back
Top Bottom