1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Egg turner not turning very well

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickadeeNMe, Feb 21, 2016.

1. ChickadeeNMe

ChickadeeNMe Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    Hey folks. I just noticed something while checking humidity and temperature in my bater. My egg turner turns all the way one way to the right, but when it's supposed to turn left, it just stands the eggs straight up. Is this normal? It's the first incubator I've ever owned with an egg turner, so I'm not sure if that's actually ok or not. Seems to me it should tilt the eggs both ways, not just one way. Thanks a bunch!

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    What kind is it? Most of the styro bator turners turn all the way right, come back up and turn all the way left before coming back up and repeating the process. But the process is very slow.

3. ChickadeeNMe

ChickadeeNMe Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    It's a Farm Innovator 4200. The kind that came with the incubator. It's only turning all the way to the right and during the time it should be turning left, it sits the eggs straight up. It doesn't turn left.I'm watching it like a hawk to make sure, but if it's in fact not working, I'll have to take the eggs out and manually turn them. It's my first incubator ever and I wasn't sure if maybe it was normal for it to operate like this.

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Those are the same type as the LG and Hovabator, I'm sure, they should be turning both ways.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by