EGG TURNER QUESTION

KEarthman

Songster
Oct 27, 2020
Today is day 18! I believe we set these eggs at night. The egg turner light is still on. It's only 1 in the afternoon now. Would this be why it is still on? Can I go ahead and manually shut the turner off and start increasing the humidity, etc?

Today is day 18! I believe we set these eggs at night. The egg turner light is still on. It's only 1 in the afternoon now. Would this be why it is still on? Can I go ahead and manually shut the turner off and start increasing the humidity, etc?
Yes, take out the turner if you can or if you have an incubator where you can just turn it off, then do this. Check your eggs for movement before you go into lockdown officially. Set the egg so that the largest part of the air cell is upward because this is most likely where the chick will PIP. You can even mark a little X at the spot.
Photo to demonstrate.
Highly recommend setting down some nonstick shelf liner if you can get some. You can cut this to fit.
Good luck with your hatch!😊
4C9CC2F2-D6AE-45C2-8BAE-E093BCA4634F.jpeg

Yes, take out the turner if you can or if you have an incubator where you can just turn it off, then do this. Check your eggs for movement before you go into lockdown officially. Set the egg so that the largest part of the air cell is upward because this is most likely where the chick will PIP. You can even mark a little X at the spot.
Photo to demonstrate.
Highly recommend setting down some nonstick shelf liner if you can get some. You can cut this to fit.
Good luck with your hatch!😊View attachment 2957175
THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom