Egg Turners

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by John farmer, Jun 3, 2011.

1. John farmer

John farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Tontitown, AR.
    Anyone have information on what to use for an egg turner motor? pics and parts to buy and instruction on how you did it would be great. Thanks

2. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I just built an incubator and took the easy way out when it came to the turner. A got one made by Miller from Tractor Supply.

[​IMG]

3. thomas4033

thomas4033 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2011
    HOW DOES IT WORK [​IMG]

4. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I perfer the Miller turner over the GQF Hova bator turner but both work equally well.

5. John farmer

Apr 29, 2011
    Tontitown, AR.
    maybe I wasn't clear , I am building my own turner and need a way to turn the eggs, I have egg turners in my LG incubators but I am building a big one and would like to make an automatic turner , some say microwave turntable motors etc: just looking for shadetree advice. thanks for the help.

6. John farmer

Apr 29, 2011
    Tontitown, AR.
    Any one know anything about egg turners?

7. shesaredroan

shesaredroan Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Opa, I'm interested to know what puts the Miller turner over the GQF hovabator turner???? I've only had experience with the GQF and no experience with the Miller.
    Thanks in advance for any knowledge/help. [​IMG]

Sorry john farmer, no help here with homemade turners........you might want to check out the 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' thread under the FORUM heading. Perhaps there is info there. [​IMG]

8. Mrs.brown

Mrs.brown Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    In a coop
    If you look at the homemade incubator pages there is a few egg turners but you have to turn the turner. Hope that helps!

9. lobo307

lobo307 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2011
    john farmer,
    go to cuttlersupply.com they also sell on ebay. both sell the setup you need , i am also going to get one, in a few weeks. when im ready. the complete setup is 136 bucks plus shipping. thats the motor, connecting bar, and all the switches you are going to need.this is a replacement part for the sportsman. hope this helps.

where is springdale? not in s.c. by chance?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  10. John farmer

Apr 29, 2011
    Tontitown, AR.
    Thanks Lobo that's good help , I will check it out . Springdale is in Arkansas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by