1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

egg turners

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JFL1950, Jun 11, 2007.

1. JFL1950

JFL1950 Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2007
    Jacksonville, Texas
    just curious what would happen if you kept the eggs in the turner till they started pipping then removed them to antor incubater for hatching?

2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Ive done that without any problem. Ive also forgotten to move them and found little chicks riding the turner back and forth. LOL

chel

3. drafthorse39

drafthorse39 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    i don't recommend this, the babies can get stuck in the turner, The yellow one i have for my hovabator has huge gaps in the middle and if a chick was to fall down there and not be able to get out the turner would lock it's neck inbetween the trays.

4. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Yes, it could hazardous to the chicks if you dont remember to check the eggs frequently and move them as soon as the pip.

chel

5. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    i live them in the turner because in moving the eggs, i've accidentally broke some which is heartbreaking at 19 days in. so i leave the turner in there but just turn it off on day 19.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by