egg variety and a cabinet incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kycowgirl78, May 17, 2009.

1. kycowgirl78

kycowgirl78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Morgantown, Ky
    Well, I've been blessed this weekend but I also have some issues. I got a new still air incubator that will hold about 4 dozen eggs. [​IMG] I was given a variety of eggs: turkey, geese, duck, bantam, LF chickens and guineas. I was also given a large cabinet incubator to use from my fiancee relatives who aren't using it this year. It will hold 18 dozen eggs. [​IMG] The problem is that I have two incubators and 6 different types of fowl eggs. Which ones to I incubate together since there are differences in temp, humidity and incubation time. What would you guys do?

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    what kinds of fowl are you hatchin? [​IMG]

3. kycowgirl78

kycowgirl78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Morgantown, Ky
    I got a huge variety. I had chicken eggs myself then got more of those plus some bantams. Relatives gave me 4 turkey, 2 duck, 3 geese and 6 guineas. I've got one still incubator full until the 26th with chicken eggs. I now have several dozen in my cabinet incubator which leaves 1 still air bator empty. Which eggs should I combine? I put the chicken and bantam eggs in the cabinet bator together but not sure what I should do with the geese, duck, turkey and guineas because they're all different. Turkey and guineas are the closest but then you have ducks and geese that need higher humidity than those two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by