Egg Washing Machine

pfost262

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 16, 2013
Hi there, I'm starting to sell my eggs and am getting a bit more than I can handle washing by hand. I was wondering if anyone has used an affordable egg washer. I saw this new machine
which seems to work pretty well and is only $240. Then I saw the gibson ridge egg washing machine
which runs about $1900.00 which is more complex also much more money. I'm getting about 3 doz eggs a day hence why hand washing is starting to be a pain. I can push my budget for the gibson ridge one however figured if the cheaper one works just as well I'd rather save the money. Any suggestions? has anyone used either of these? Thanks!!

Hi there, I'm starting to sell my eggs and am getting a bit more than I can handle washing by hand. I was wondering if anyone has used an affordable egg washer. I saw this new machine
which seems to work pretty well and is only $240. Then I saw the gibson ridge egg washing machine
which runs about $1900.00 which is more complex also much more money. I'm getting about 3 doz eggs a day hence why hand washing is starting to be a pain. I can push my budget for the gibson ridge one however figured if the cheaper one works just as well I'd rather save the money. Any suggestions? has anyone used either of these? Thanks!!
The $1900 machine----the guy was prewashing the eggs---that sure does not save much time having to spend $1900 and wash them before putting them in??

I think if you are thinking about spending $1900, you must get a lot per dozen. I have a friend that sells all she collects for $5 per dozen---7/8 dozen a day right now. She had some little pieces of paper printed up/cut and she puts 1 in each pack of eggs stating they Have Not been washed and the reason is they last longer by leaving the bloom on them etc. She keeps her nest clean and fresh hay when needed. If she gets a egg that is stained/poop on---she washes those and probably keeps them for her family.

Now I have another friend that sells at the Farmers market said his eggs Have to be washed.

Last edited:
Soaking eggs for 15 minutes for the first one is a no-no to me. For the money, it doesn't seem you will be saving much time on 3 dozen eggs. Only a few of mine need a brush off with a plastic scrubber. The shelf life of the eggs will be much less.

The only reason I'm looking into this is because from my understanding on the NYS farmers markets and roadside stands law eggs must be washed. Otherwise I only wash my eggs before eating.

The only reason I'm looking into this is because from my understanding on the NYS farmers markets and roadside stands law eggs must be washed. Otherwise I only wash my eggs before eating.
I sure would not want my eggs soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and like I said above---I sure would not want to have to prewash most of my eggs by hand and spend almost 2 grand for a machine either. You will have to decide if you are going to make enough off each dozen sold--for your time and expense you will have in them and a cleaning set-up.

Back
Top Bottom