Egg white and not brown?????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TcherDawn, Jun 22, 2009.

1. TcherDawn

TcherDawn Granite State Chook

Jan 30, 2009
    Prescott, AZ
    This morning my chicken Penny laid her usual double yolker, but it was white and not brown? She had been laying brown eggs for several weeks now? She is a Hyline, which is a cross between and White Leghorn and a RIR. But they all lay brown eggs. She has been laying double and triple yolkers for several weeks now. I just wonder if the sudden change in color means something is wrong. I do hope she stops laying such incredibly large eggs. It must be hard on her. The triple yolkers are the size of a goose egg. Almost 4 ozs out of a 23 wek old pullet! My poor baby! Do I have anything to worry about?

2. Big dreams

Big dreams Songster

Mar 5, 2009
    I thought White Leghorns laid white eggs, but you would think that whatever color they start with they would continue with, is she your only chicken?

3. TcherDawn

TcherDawn Granite State Chook

Jan 30, 2009
    Prescott, AZ
    I have 5 Hyline hens. All of them lay brown eggs. I guess I could wait until tomorrow and see if she lays a brown egg again, but I was just wondering if it was a sign of something going wrong. She is happy and seems fine. Fluke maybe?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: