egg whites

deeschicks19

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 2, 2013
The last couple weeks we have noticed that some of the egg whites spread way out when cracked in pan. Yet when the eggs are fresh the egg whites are supposed to be contained around the yolk. Any idea what my girls are missing in their diet. They get good pellets, yogurt, treats all the time and I put a vitamin and electrolytes in their water each month for 5 or 6 days. And they look very healthy and beautiful and act very healthy. I had noticed few weeks back that some of the Plymouths egg shells were very soft so now am putting oyster shell in with their pellets and in a separate bowl.

thanks I read that sight this morning too. My girls are only 1 1/2 yrs old. But we do live outside of New Orleans so temp is a factor. Also read that ammonia in coop but their coop is cleaned out every 6 days. I am OCD on cleanliness. The one thing I did read after posting this was about if your water is too soft has something to do with salt in it. Well we have well water and it is very soft. So that could be the factor on the egg whites and the soft shells sometimes. One thing it said to do was vitamins. So I am going to give them vitamins for a month straight instead of just one week out of month and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom