Egg with forigen body + Pics

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by seeggan, Dec 21, 2011.

1. seeggan

seeggan New Egg

Dec 21, 2011
    Hi, we have 40 hens which lay daily. This week we got a wrinkly egg and when we cracked it there appeared to be a placenta in the egg.

We do not have, or ever had a rooster. There is no rooster close by our farm and our hens are inclosed.

I just thought id get some answers as to what it is, as we have no idea and after my little sister cracked the egg it has put her and my mother off eating eggs.

The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted:

We have been having a big problem with spam and have had to temporarilly limit what brand new members can post. To continue, please reduce the number of URLs or images in your post to 0.

.... doesnt help

2. seeggan

seeggan New Egg

Dec 21, 2011
    Ahhh here we go. This is a picture of what was in the egg.

[​IMG]
    2011-12-21_13-01-05_692 by { SeaN }, on Flickr

[/img]

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Looks like a giant meat spot. I never saw one like that either.

4. seeggan

seeggan New Egg

Dec 21, 2011
    Agh thankyou for the reply.

After researching more on meat spots (which i never knew exisited before i came here) i am pretty sure that it is this.

It is very large though. I have seen in other sites they normally range between 0.5-3mm in diameter. As you can see this one is almost the size of a egg yolk.

Sorry if the picture disgusts people. I should have put a warning with it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by