egg yolk question please!!!! HELP ADVICE? ANSWERES?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jcfuente51, May 18, 2011.

1. jcfuente51

jcfuente51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    HELLO all i have a baby that piped last night around 9pm today he is out of the shell but with 1/4 of yolk still hanging on his butt he cant really get up cuse of the yolk i guess the question its that can he still absorb the yolk even if he is compleatly out of the shell??? what coul i do to help? please i dont like to see him just laying there trying to get up and pepeing.. suggestions?? [​IMG]

2. smokeykk

smokeykk Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    he can but if you open the bator it could dry out. and then he would most definitly die

3. jcfuente51

Mar 18, 2011
    Quote:i have not open the bator but yes it looks dry the hygro says 65% how long till he could absorb im worrie because i have a second egg that its piping alot and may hatch preatty soon and im afraid he would pek on that yolk. [​IMG] and harm him!

4. jcfuente51

Mar 18, 2011
    sisorschick i think its your nick here heheh what would u suggest?? i want him to live... [​IMG]

5. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    Usually they will absorb the yolk with absolutely no problem at all.

It can take a few hours, and the chick needs to do this on her own.

Are there any other chicks in the incubator? If so, and if they are dry you may

want to take them out, the last thing the chick needs is to be stepped on, and

have the yolk busted. [​IMG] I'm sure she'll be fine! [​IMG] & don't worry to much!

Keep us updated!

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  6. jcfuente51

Mar 18, 2011
    she is the only baby there so far but there are 2 eggs with pips that soon would be coming out and yes i dont want them to step on the yolk

7. kvmommy

kvmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    I heard of people wrapping the yolk in a warm moist papertowel and putting it in a teapcup and back into the bator. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by