eggbid vs. ebay. Which is better in you opinion

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by hypnofrogstevie, Feb 24, 2008.

1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    So far I only bought eggs off ebay. I had an eggbid account for about 2 years no and never bought. I know some sellers on eggbid are from ebay but I would love to know your experience with eggbid only sellers.

Thank you

2. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Both egg selling forums require some caution. Checking references is a must if you are looking for real quality. I have seen blatant misrepresentations on both and I have seen very good breeders on both.

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    Quote:couldn't have said it better myself. [​IMG]

4. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I've bought off of both. I think in general (and this is only my opinion) ebay gets more traffic.

I tend to see higher prices on ebay....but that might be because the buyer format is more user friendly.

You log in at ebay, your page comes up and I find it easier to track what you are purchasing or bidding on, not to mention WATCHING. I hate not being able to watch an auction on eggbid.

I know if there was a watch page like there is on ebay I would spend more $$$ so maybe it's not a good thing...lol.

Other than that , always, always, always check feedback.

Julie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by