1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eggcited to be a member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mschkweasnduck, May 22, 2016.

1. Mschkweasnduck

Mschkweasnduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2016
    Spirit lake

Hi everyone,I absolutely love coming here and I've decided to drop in on all the fun legitimately :) I live in northern Idaho with my husband ,my children ,my mother and her father ,poppa Snuffy (finally talked them into coming here from California :) )
    Along with all of us is our fur/feathered /pelted friends...I guess ferrets have pelts? Not too sure about that one [​IMG] ...and two sassy mares. Pics and names of everyone in due time lol,it's a lot to write haha.
    Anyhow I started "collecting" :)chickens last summer and have just fallen head over heels with the fluff butted ladies and my gentlemanly roo Pepper who unfortunately lost a very brave fight to coyotes or fox,still unsure ...but I do know he lead them away far away from all the coop residents and proceeded to give his all for them.ive been told it's very rare to get a kind,protective,respectful almost lol rooster like pepper was and my heart is broken ,however I have 5 chicks who are a month and some old who are his kiddos .im truly hoping for his personality to run in ones genes ,I'm pretty sure 2-3 are cockerels and 2 are pullets,but time will tell :)
    I am currently on my 3rd incubation run and I'm hoping this one will be at least 75 % successful . Anyhow I am so happy to be here and I hope you all are having a wonderful day :D

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined the flock! I'm so sorry to hear to hear you lost that wonderful, brave rooster! Hopefully his sons did inherit that good traits and will continue to be assets to their flock(s) like he was.

If you're interested in talking with some other hatchers, there is a wonderful ongoing hatch-along thread going on here that I think you'll enjoy:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...t-meet-new-friends-w-host-sally-sunshine/0_30

Best of luck with your hatch!

1 person likes this.
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So sorry about Pepper. Roosters like him are very rare, what a shame they can't clone the real good guys.

1 person likes this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  6. Mschkweasnduck

Apr 15, 2016
    Spirit lake
    Thank you all for such a warm welcoming :) just figuring out how all these buttons work here on the BYC community page...which I love love love .so this is the first time I've seen all your replies, and it made my morning :) just wanted to let everyone know I think I may have 2 Roos of the five hatchlings ,and pepper had strong personality,raised them even for the first month...so fingers crossed I get at least one uber awesome guy to take over dads flock :)
    I never thought chickens would be around ,but I couldn't picture it without em and I want MORE!! Hahaha. Have a great day y'all!! It's FRIDAY! Whoo [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    [​IMG]

8. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Oh, I am so sorry about your roo losing his life to protect his flock. [​IMG] It is never easy to lose them.

But I do wish you all the best with your flock. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

And we do welcome you to our flock! :)

9. Mschkweasnduck

Apr 15, 2016
    Spirit lake
    Thank you .ive already learned soo much from visiting over a year now .you all are great :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by